BSc Earth Science at the University of Hull
At the University of Hull, we offer BSc Earth Science, plus the options to add a study abroad year and to do a Foundation Year before the degree if required.
Earth Science at Hull is about understanding how the Earth works, the forces that shape it, what that means for life on Earth, and how we as humans can use its resources in a sustainable way. Earth Scientists are key to solving the big problems facing the world.
Why study Earth Science at Hull:
- You will learn to solve global challenges by interrogating the big questions facing us in the 21st Century – from sustainability and global resources to climate change and geohazards.
- Our degree will take you places – after learning the theory on campus, you will go and apply it yourself in our fantastic field trip destinations that have recently included the Isle of Skye, Almeria in Spain and Cyprus.
- We have redesigned our teaching to focus on training geoscientists with an interest in the future sustainability of our planet and are the first UK Earth Science programme to launch a Sustainability Award.
- Our degree is accredited by the Geological Society, which assures you of the quality of our course and provides a route to becoming a Chartered Geologist.
- You will learn from experts. Your lecturers are also active researchers, studying things like mass extinctions, volcanism and geological hazards. This means they are experts in their fields, and can engage you with the cutting edge of knowledge.
- You’ll become highly employable. Typically well over 90% of our students are in work or further study 6 months after graduating. Future careers options include environmental consulting, remediation, renewable energies, exploration geology, surveying and engineering.
Find out more on our website and on our YouTube Channel, including more details on the modules you would study, a chance to hear from current students and to meet your lecturers. You can also contact Professor David Bond, Programme Director for Earth Science, on email@example.com